Order of Worship 10/4/20
If you plan to attend our 9:00 a.m outdoor service, or are worshipping from home, click on this link for a printable PDF copy of the order of worship, including lyrics for singing.
Sermon Discussion Questions:
- How does Moses respond when he encounters Israel in their sin in this text? What strikes you most about his response?
- In verse 25 we read that Israel's sin led to derision from their enemies. How can our sin lead to mockery from the world?
- In what ways should we willingly be mocked as Christians? How can we know if we are genuinely being mocked for the sake of righteousness, or if we are being mocked for our sinful behavior?
- How does this text illustrate the intimate connection between sin and death? Why do we tend to downplay the severity of sin? What consequence does this have for the Gospel message?
- Moses ofer to be a substitute for Israel, but cannot. How does Moses' inability to do this point us to Jesus?