Worship at Home 6/7/20
*Here are your worship resources for Sunday, June 7. Please note that if you click on the song titles, this will take you to an online video that will help to lead you in singing. Similarly, if you click on the sermon message, this will take you to a video of the message. If you would like to print out a copy of the order of worship for taking notes, click here.
Order of Worship
June 7, 2020
Call to Worship:
I will remember the deeds of the LORD; yes, I will remember your wonders of old. I will ponder all your work, and meditate on your mighty deeds. Your way, O God, is holy. What god is great like our God? You are the God who works wonders; you have made known your might among the peoples. You with your arm redeemed your people, the children of Jacob and Joseph. (Psalm 77:11–15 ESV)
“All Hail the Power of Jesus' Name” (click on the title for song video)
“Amazing Grace” (click on the title for song video)
Have you not known? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable. He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength. Even youths shall faint and be weary, and young men shall fall exhausted; but they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint. (Isaiah 40:28–31 ESV)
Missionary Update from Chelsey Brunt (Ecuador):
- Weekly bible studies with our soccer teams. People are desperate to know God.
- Weekly zoom soccer practices.
- Partnering with a class of kids with special needs.
- We are now food packaging at a warehouse partnering with a ministry that serves trash collectors. I have a new emergency driving permit so I can drive any day of the week and after 2 PM curfew.
- Staying in our current apartment!
- Buying a new washer and dryer soon!
- Political unrest.
- Things getting desperate, more people are out, more people are getting sick, but need to open up for economic purposes.
- Trip home for the summer.
“Humility and Worry” 1 Peter 5:6-7 (click on the title to watch the sermon)
[May Christ] dwell in your hearts through faith—that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God. (Ephesians 3:17–19 ESV)
- How is casting our anxieties on the Lord related to pride and humility?
- How have you been struggling with worry and pride lately? How does this text encourage you?
- What does this text teach us about the character and nature of God? Why are these truths vital for our humility and trust?
- Why is it so crucial for us to remember that the Lord exalts his people? What does this mean?