Outdoor Worship Services
Dear Church Family,
San Diego County has announced the need to temporarily close indoor church gatherings. As a result, Lake Murray Community Church will have an outdoor worship service at 9:00 a.m. on Sunday, July 19, in the church parking lot, and our Spanish-language service at 6:00 p.m. There will not be a second service on Sunday morning.
Over the past few days, the elders and staff discussed our options and the requirements for holding a service outside, and the staff and others continue to work diligently to prepare. Please be aware of the following and prepare accordingly:
- Everyone must wear a face covering, even if you are maintaining six feet of separation from others. The staff will arrange seating to maintain distance between households.
- San Diego County officials have mentioned that theremay be heightened enforcement of public health restrictions.
- We can sing outside but, again, all must wear face coverings.
- The staff may not be able to provide the usual amenities for people who cannot attend, such as live-streaming and a recorded sermon, but they are working on these matters.
- Please see the blog for a printable order of worship, including song lyrics. These will be posted by Friday afternoon.
- It may be hot and sunny, so be prepared to bring portable canopies or umbrellas, hats, sunglasses, and sunscreen.
- We plan to provide enough seating, but you may consider bringing additional chairs.
- Be aware that the parking lot will be fuller than the last several Sundays, but a portion of it will not be available. You may not get your favorite spot!
Thank you for your grace in bearing with us and these changes. We are excited to worship our Creator together again (but we understand if you are not yet able to attend under these circumstances) in another different format.
For the elder board,
Soli Deo gloria